Saturday, April 9, 2016

Since my last post we have moved to a smaller home. It's called downsizing. HA....Just take note that when you downsize be sure to downsize your stuff before you downsize the house. BIG mistake on our part. But after 3 years we are about to get there. It feels so good to get rid of all that stuff. It was way too much and now I'm a little more selective on what I buy. I still love my antiques and vintage collections. Those were the things I kept the most of. Moving here was a good thing. We have 5 acres of land and we have been growing a garden. This will be the 4th year growing our little garden. The first year it was amazing at how well God took over and everything just grew. One thing I didn't think of was that there is alot of work in having a garden even after the planting. I never thought of what was next after all that stuff grew. I guess I was just amazed that it grew at all. LOL But I canned 52 quarts of beans (1 quart per week in the year), froze corn, okra, and bell peppers. We had cucumbers galore. I canned sweet lime pickles, bread and butter pickles and dill pickles~2 times. The sweet pickles were my favorite, the bread and butter came out really good too...next time I won't use so many onions. The dill pickles were horrible, both batches....I gave away gave away and gave away lots of okra and cucumbers. Shared beans and so much more. I even canned a dozen quart jars of green beans for my daughter who lives in Texas now. It was all so much fun...Looking forward to garden season to start up soon. I still love my crafting...Really love papercrafting. I got a Silhouette Cameo and I didn't open the box for a year. But when I did, I haven't looked back. I have taken classes on Craftsy by Paige Evans and learned so much about how to use it. I love it now and use it on almost every page layout. I've used it for party decorations, Valentine cards, mini books, and so many other paper crafting ideas. It is limitless I tell you!! I'll never tire of it. I also substitute teach at local elementary schools. This was my first year...Oh my those kids are so funny. Somehow I missed my calling on this one. I just love those kids. I come home every day smiling and laughing. I fill my husbands ears with stories for hours about them. They are the cutest things. I love it!! I hope to share and get better at sharing with this blog...I want to share Pinterest ideas and recipes that are fail or sucessess. I want to share my gardening, my subbing adventures, my summer with my grandson, my family, my home, my pets, my likes and dislikes, my crafting adventures, my collecting and so so much more. I hope I can do this. For now I'm going to research this thing called blogging and find out how to make it mean something. I'll be back soon. tat-ta for now!!

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

wow~I could lost in your room~ Looks so crafty and good:)